ADDITIONAL PRIVACY NOTICE
In accordance with Article 13 DSGVO, we inform you about the processing of your personal data by RPTU:
Contact details of the controller
Responsible for the processing of your personal data is
Rheinland-Pfälzische Technische Universität (RPTU)
Gottlieb-Daimler-Straße, Gebäude 47
Tel.: +49 631 205 0
Contact details of the data protection officer
You can reach our data protection officer by phone +49 631 205-4434 or by email: email@example.com
Die Postanschrift ist:
Rheinland Pfälzische Technische Universität
PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING AND SPECIFIC LEGAL BASIS
The Gründungsbüro RPTU&HS Kaiserlautern processes personal data in the course of registration on its website (www.gruendungsbuero.info). The data is collected for the purpose of implementing and providing events and support measures of the Gründungsbüro.
Specifically, the following data is collected for the purposes listed next to it
|Name||Personal communication without formal barriers is essential for our work. Here we need your first and last name.|
|E-mail adress||We use your e-mail address for general communication with you. In particular, we send you information about our services, news from the start-up scene, registration confirmations and organizational details about events. Such e-mails are also sent automatically in some cases. In addition, we conduct surveys among certain user groups, which we are obliged to do due to legal framework conditions.|
|We typically, but not exclusively, need your phone number in the following situations: There are last-minute changes or queries about events or support offers that you are taking advantage of with us. We receive external inquiries (for example, from the press) about exciting start-up projects. In such situations, we will first ask you whether you agree to information being passed on. Usually we do this in the course of general communication by e-mail, but sometimes it is easier and faster to call. In the case of surveys, which we are obliged to do due to legal framework conditions.|
|Status (student, PhD student, graduate, other employee) / university / department / degree program||We require this information for reports to the university management or other reports that we are obligated to provide due to legal framework conditions.|
|Social Media (Facebook, Linkedin Xing, Twitter)||Social media information is optional. We are happy if you give us this information so that we can connect with each other in these media.|
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a, if the data processing of the RPTU is based on your consent as a data subject.
If photographs are taken at an event, they serve the purpose of reporting on the event on websites and in press releases of RPTU. For photographs that do not show persons of contemporary history, persons as an accessory next to landscapes or other localities or photographs that reflect meetings, processions or similar events and their character, you will be asked for your consent in individual cases. In the event that no consent is given for these photographs or the consent is withdrawn, you will not suffer any disadvantages.
Recipients of personal data
As a matter of principle, your personal data will not be passed on to other bodies or persons unless required by law. If photographs are taken at an event, the recipients are worldwide users of RPTU’s online and print media. In addition, in accordance with archive regulations, records must be offered to the University Archives before they are deleted. The latter decides on the takeover of documents.
The personal data will be stored for a maximum of 5 years after registration on the website. After this period at the latest, they will be deleted immediately unless there is an archiving obligation. If you wish to continue using the services of the Gründungsbüro RPTU&HS Kaiserslautern at this time, you must register again.
Rights of the data subject
According to the German Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), every person affected by data processing has the following rights in particular:
- Right to information about the personal data stored about you and its processing (Art. 15 DSGVO).
- Right to rectification, insofar as data concerning you is incorrect or incomplete (Art. 16 DSGVO).
- The right to erasure of personal data stored about you, if one of the conditions of Art. 17 of the DSGVO applies. However, the right to erasure according to Art. 17 (1) and (2) of the DSGVO does not apply, among other things, if the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority (Art. 17 (3) (b) of the DSGVO).
- Right to restriction of processing, in particular insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed, for the duration of the verification of accuracy, if the data are processed unlawfully but the data subject requests restriction of processing instead of erasure, if the data subject requires the data for the assertion or exercise of legal claims or for the defense against such and the data therefore cannot be erased, or if, in the event of an objection in accordance with Art. 21, it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate interests of the controller outweigh those of the data subject (Art. 18 DSGVO).
- Right to object to the processing of personal data on personal grounds, unless there is a compelling public interest in the processing which overrides the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (Art. 21 DSGVO)
Right to withdraw the declaration of consent under data protection law
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time. The revocation is only effective for the future; this means that the revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
Right to complain to the supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to the Rhineland-Palatinate State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz) if you believe that your personal data is being processed unlawfully by the RPTU.
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz